Hyderabad-the city of Nizams, is the capital of Telangana, India.
Apart from the amazing and affordable food, Hyderabad is also famous for its glorious structures right from the buildings of Osmania University to the Charminar. These buildings are ancient and preserved, standing tall narrating their own stories. Hyderabad never sleeps. It is a city that welcomes you with its warmth and stays with you even after you leave the city.
There are a lot of tourist attractions in the city, which is why, if you are planning a trip to Hyderabad, be generous in the number of days you give to the city to hold your heart captive.
A few places you can visit are listed below,
- Charminar- The iconic 16th-century mosque built in 1591, which has 4 grand arches, 48m tall minarets that you can go into and behold the view of the area surrounding Charminar. Popularly known as the old city, Charminar is surrounded by shopping areas like the laad bazar, where you can purchase a lot of culturally significant things, from clothes to jewellery, for very affordable.
- Salar Jung Museum- The Salar Jung Museum is an art museum located at Darushifa, on the southern bank of the Musi River in the city of Hyderabad. It is one of the three National Museums of India.
- Golconda Fort- Golconda, is a citadel and fort in Hyderabad, which was the capital of the medieval sultanate of the Qutb Shahi dynasty.
- Qutub Shahi Tombs- The Qutb Shahi Tombs, in the Ibrahim Bagh, is situated very close to the famous Golconda Fort in Hyderabad, they hold the tombs and mosques built by the various kings of the Qutb Shahi dynasty.
- Chowmahalla Palace- The Chowmahalla Palace was the seat of the Asaf Jahi dynasty and the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad while they ruled their state.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Zoological Park- This is a spacious 380-acre zoo featuring tigers, rhinos, elephants & monkeys, plus daily safari rides.
- Hussain Sagar- Hussain Sagar is a heart shaped lake built by the Nizam of Hyderabad. The lake is spread across an area of 5.7 square kilometers and is fed by River Musi.
- Ramoji Film City- this is world’s largest film studio offering tours, live shows, on-site theme park and adventure zone.
The city of Hyderabad grows on you with every passing hour in the city. People here are helpful and welcoming, food here is amazing and cheap and you can shop for almost anything, if you land up in the correct places, and as an add on, it is one of the best city for you to be visiting for medical services.