The retina is the inner layer of the eyeball that receives the light. The lens focuses and converts this light into neural signals to send to the brain for visual recognition. Retinal disorders like Diabetic retinopathy, Age related macular degeneration, Retinal detachment, Macular hole, Central serous retinopathy, Retinal vein occlusions, Vitreous haemorrhage can affect the way you process visual information and lead to distorted or impaired vision.
We at MediVision facilitate our patients with treatments for such disorders that include,
- Micro incision Vitrectomy Surgery
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Intravitreal Procedures
To perform these procedures we use devices of modern technology that help us bring out tremendous results in the most efficient way possible. They include:
- The ACCURUS Surgical System by Alcon: It facilitates the surgeon with exquisite control for posterior, anterior, and combined procedures. It provides a wide range of probe technology for the surgeon to control. The Accurus Surgical System has gained popularity for its success rates and advantages for treating conditions like retinopathy.
- Topcon’s 3D OCT-1 Maestro: This machine provides easy to use, patient friendly, comprehensive automated Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for recent eye care needs. The device allows the operator to start capturing images at his convenience which enables him to find the best time to capture communication with patients, even in most difficult cases. The 3D OCT-1 Maestro incorporates standard imaging and analysis for the posterior segment of the eye.
- Fluorescein angiography: This technique is used for examining the circulation of the retina and choroid. A fluorescent dye and a specialized camera is used to perform the procedure in which the dye highlights the blood vessels so they can be photographed. Fluorescein angiography has evolved to be one of the fundamental imaging techniques of the eye. The test is used to determine if laser treatment of the retina is warranted.
- Endolaser (Iris-USA): This is a procedure wherein laser is directed at the retina during vitreous surgery. It is generally used to treat retinal tears in retinal detachment and panretinal photocoagulation in proliferative retinopathies.
- The Nidek GYC-1000: This device offers the highest level of performance and versatility available. The can be plugged into any standard power outlet and requires no external hook-up for operation, and yet it can achieve high power output.
We at Medivision use these cutting edge devices to treat conditions relating to the retina aiming at delivering quality treatment in as minimal a time span as possible, with a recovery period as short as possible.
Constellation Vision System.
The ACCURUS Surgical System by Alcon provides exquisite control for posterior, anterior, and combined procedures. It offers a wide range of probe technology for the ultimate in surgeon control. The ACCURUS 23G include 23 Gauge Vitrectomy Probe, Cassette/Tubing/Drain Bag, Utility/Extrusion Line, 23 Gauge Endoilluminator, Sterile Front Panel Drape etc. On the other hand, the ALCON 25+ probe is matched with linear EDGEPLUS blade wound architecture, advanced GRIESHABER DSP 25+ single-use instrumentation and 25+ illumination probes.
OCT - ZEISS[ CIRRUS-HD-OCT 5000]
Topcon’s 3D OCT-1 Maestro aims to provide patient friendly, easy to use and completely automated comprehensive OCT for today’s eye care needs. The 3D OCT- Maestro is the most user-friendly OCT in the market due to its fully automated function. With semi-auto capturing, 3D OCT-1 Maestro allows the operator to start capturing at his convenience. This enables him to find the best time to capture communication with patients, even in most difficult cases. The 3D OCT-1 Maestro incorporates standard OCT imaging and analysis for the posterior segment of the eye and an integrated true colour fundus camera. It takes simultaneously an OCT image and a colour fundus image. This combination is unique and has a great impact on the analysis and diagnosis of the patient.
FFA FUNDUS FLUORESCEIN ANGIOGRAPHY (ZEISS)
Fluorescein angiography “is a technique for examining the circulation of the retina and choroid using a fluorescent dye and a specialized camera”. The dye highlights the blood vessels in the back of the eye so they can be photographed. Fluorescein angiography was first successfully performed in 1961, and has evolved since then as one of the fundamental imaging techniques in the eye. This test is often used to manage eye disorders. It is used to determine if laser treatment of the retina is warranted.
will update soon!
GREEN LASER (ZEISS)
The Nidek GYC-1000 offers the highest level of performance and versatility available. It further offers multiple delivery options, including slit lamps, Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope (BIO), and end photocoagulation. The GYC1000 laser can be plugged into any standard power outlet and requires no external hook-up for operation, and yet it can achieve high power output.