An estimate of 47.8% of global blindness is due to cataract. We at Medivision Hospitals aim at emerging as a centre for excellence in vision restoration and cure every eye-related abnormality like cataract with the assistance of cutting edge technology. We also aim at ensuring affordable treatment without compromising on quality.
A cataract is a dense, cloudy layer that forms in the lens of your eye which begins takes place when proteins in the eye form clumps that prevent the lens from sending clear images to the retina. It grows slowly and interferes with your vision eventually.
The surgical removal of cataracts is a very common procedure these days, it is very effective and has an estimated success rate of 90%. A surgery is recommended when the cataract becomes a hindrance in your daily activities.
We at MediVision have a range of modernised treatment options for you to choose from, based on your diagnosis and doctor’s recommendation. Ours is one of the best surgical services in hyderabad that uses imported Intraocular Lense (IOL) with precision laser assisted cataract system for an affordable price.
Given below is the list of services we provide and the technology we use, to deliver quality treatment and successful procedures.
Types of Implants
- Aspheric lenses
- Multi focals
- Torric-Multi focal
- Spherical- Single & Multi piece
- Scleral fixated intraocular lens (SFIOL)
Services we extend at medivision
- The CATALYS Precision Laser System: It is an exclusively designed machine for cataract treatment, it offers exceptional accuracy, customization, and comfort to the cataract patients. It’s liquid optics interface, gentle docking with minimal intraocular pressure rise and clear optics facilitate excellent imaging and laser delivery. This FDA approved device is used by surgeons across the world because it helps the surgeon in bringing out precision and comfort into every step of the procedure.
- The Infiniti Vision System: This device is more advanced than the above mentioned system which allows the surgeon to customize the treatment with two major purposes, firstly to simplify surgical procedures and secondly to carry out procedures with versatility and control. This device allows the surgeon to create an implant for the lens in the eye, and replace the aspirated fluid and lens material with balanced salt solution. The plus point with this device is that treatment doesn’t take as long as it used to and you can expect a faster recovery and restoration of vision. This device, which we use at Medivision, is considered as one of the most efficient system ever developed for cataract removal treatment.
- The WHITESTAR Signature Phacoemulsification System: This is a modular ophthalmic microsurgical system that facilitates frontal treatment of cataract. The device represents a major breakthrough in easy lens removal technology. It is a minimally invasive treatment that incorporates today’s advanced technology into cutting-edge features and accessories.
With the assistance of these technologically advanced devices, we at MediVision aim at returning to you the experience of clear vision that you once had.
Pterygium with autografting
Commonly known as surfer’s eye, pterygium is a growth of pink, fleshy tissue called the conjunctiva, on the clear tissue that lines your eyelids and covers your eyeball. The condition mostly develops because of excess exposure to ultraviolet light, dry eyes, or irritants like dust and wind.
The condition does not have any symptom at times, but generally, your eyes might just burn, feel gritty, itch, look red or you might feel something is stuck in it.
We at MediVision have ophthalmologists who are experienced and hold an expertise in treating all kinds of eye related ailments. As for this condition, initially our doctors will try and treat it with medication and eye drops. If the condition worsens, a surgery can be recommended.
Surgery is recommended only when all conventional treatments fail to work. A common autograft surgery uses the tissue of your conjunctiva or a placenta to fill the empty space after the lesion is removed. This filler is placed by gluing or stitching it onto the affected area.
We promote prevention of such conditions by the usage of sunglasses that block 99-100% of both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation. We at MediVision suggest the wraparound style of sunglasses because they provide the best shield against ultraviolet light, dust, and wind. Do not leave behind your sunglasses on overcast days, it should be noted that the clouds don’t stop ultraviolet (UV) light, you still need protection.
We at MediVision have a range of shades, brands and frames for you to choose from. If there is a specific designer frame that you are looking for, feel free to call and speak to one of our frame experts, who will be happy to help you out.
CATALYS (ABBOTT MEDIAL OPTICS)
The CATALYS Precision Laser System is used to treat patients undergoing cataract surgery. Exclusively designed for cataract treatment, the Catalys Precision Laser System offers exceptional accuracy, customization, and comfort to the cataract patients. It offers liquid optics interface, gentle docking with minimal intraocular pressure rise and clear optics for excellent imaging and laser delivery.
It also offers precise capsulotomies within 30µm, & a complete softening of the cataract with adjustable grid sizing. Approved by FDA, the CATALYS is used by surgeons across the world in clinical trials and real-world operations. In fact, it helps the surgeons to build greater precision and comfort into every step of the surgery procedure. In 2012, the CATALYS was recognized as one of the top 100 technological innovations in the world.
The Infiniti Vision System is an ophthalmic surgical instrument developed for cataract removal surgery. The system allows the surgeon to customize the treatment with two major purposes- (a) to make it simple to operate, (b) operate with tremendous versatility and control. It allows the surgeon to emulsify the lens in the eye, and replace the aspirated fluid and lens material with balanced salt solution. One of the major benefits of Infiniti is that the treatment duration has become quicker and more advanced. On the other hand, the patient can expect a faster recovery of vision. The Infiniti is considered as the most efficient system ever developed for cataract removal treatment.
CENTURION VISION SYSTEM – AICON
The WHITESTAR Signature Phacoemulsification System: The WHITESTAR Signature System is a modular ophthalmic microsurgical system that facilitates anterior segment (cataract) surgery. The WHITESTAR Signature is not just any other latest technology. It represents a major breakthrough in easy lens removal technology that has never been available to the cataract surgeons till date. It has been designed to deliver efficiency, convenience, and control. The system combines the safety of revolutionary FUSION Fluidics with the optimized cavitation of WHITESTAR Technology. The integration of these technologies creates the versatility needed to remove both hard and soft lenses. It’s an all-new surgical platform that incorporates today’s advanced technology into cutting-edge features and accessories.
Dr. K. Ravi Kumar Reddy, M.S., DO
Sr. Consultant Ophthalmologist & Phaco Surgeon
Dr. K. Rupak Kumar Reddy, M.S.
Consultant Ophthalmologist, LASIK & Phaco surgeon
Dr. Prem Prakash Reddy, M.S.
Dr. A. Vani Reddy
Senior Phaco Surgeon